Penske Double-Adjustable Shock Absorbers
BWR Penske for Elise | Exige | 211
These Penskes are BOE's premium suspension line.
When you order Penskes through BOE, we will work directly with Blackwatch Racing (BWR) to custom tailor your shocks specific to your use with our experience on and off the track with BWR's Penske Shocks.
The single biggest contributor to faster lap times is good suspension. Period. Even better than stickier tires, proper damping provides grip, chassis control, and confidence.
Penske Racing Shocks have won in Formula 1, Indy, Nascar, World Challenge, LeMans, MotoGP, Australian Supercar, and many more.
Want the car to ride better EVEN with 2X the spring rates? Want to trim 8 seconds off your lap time like one of our customers? Read on!
Penske has a proven record of success because they use only the best materials, all engineered and maintained to their own specifications. They use the highest grade stainless steel shims, billet aluminum bodies and pistons, linear and precisely matching adjusters, Viton shaft seals for low stiction, Teflon-lined bearings and they even have their own spec fluid. The result is a quality product that is the best that money can buy.
The result of months of research, design, development and testing, these shocks are AMAZING. The end result is a shock that combines millions of dollars’ worth of racing R&D, technology that allowed us to meet OUR goal of providing the car control and precision of the top Penske double adjustable in a bolt-on package that will work in the tightly spaced Lotus Elise and Exige cars. Fitting all of that technology into such a tiny space was no small feat, but our efforts combined with Penske made it all happen!
BWR designed their new shocks around a shock body with a floating compression piston integrated into the main body vs. a separate canister. This eliminates the separate compression canister and gives more inboard clearance for use of wider wheels. The fitment is even tougher because the shaft and body lengths have to be perfect.
However after months of measurement, test fitment, and CAD work, we’ve put together a bolt-in package that fits perfectly in the Lotus Elise and Exige! Further development from the Double adjustable allowed us to bring the Non-adjustable fixed with the perfect valving for a go-anywhere car. Penske doesn’t have a “value line” like other manufacturers on the market. These shocks use the same top quality 55mm Pistons, shims, seals, wipers and adjusters as the rest of the Penske lineup. These aren’t built in China and shipped here. Each set is built to our spec in the US and dyno tested before shipping.
Now offering a hand adjuster knob option for Rebound. Rather than use the small tool with the sweep windows, just reach in and turn it with your hand. Same precise adjustments as with sweeps, but even more fine control. 30 Clicks of adjustment!
- Integrated Floating Compression Piston eliminates compression canister.
- Hundreds of hours of dyno and track research to develop our winning combination.
- 40 clicks of compression adjustment and 20 sweeps of rebound give our customers lots of tuning range!
- Same Penske components as their $7000 Triple adjustables
- Precise, compact Fit for the most wheel and tire clearance.
- Uses standard 2.25" ID springs for wide spring rate selection
- Choice of Hyperco or Eibach spring sets for street or track.
- Comes with everything you need: shocks, springs, new front upper shock perches, adjustment tool, and mounting hardware.
- 55mm Big Piston/shaft setup moves alot of fluid for best control.
- Highly linear adjusters for precise control
- Dynoed after they are built to ensure quality and matching.
- Hyperco Optimum body diameter improve travel, minimize rubbing, and have excellent rate matching