NewTech Nikasil 2ZZ-GE Bare Block
We brought aircraft grade Nikasil to the 2ZZ-GE. It's the most widely used bore technology in automotive racing and aviation. This process has been around for decades but is the newest bore technology to finally be brought to the Toyota 2ZZ-GE, so we call it the NewTech 2ZZ-GE.
This is a ready to build NewTech 2ZZ-GE Block with girdle.
An acceptable core is required or an additional $1,200 core charge will be applied prior to shipment.
There are two key problem areas with the stock 2ZZ-GE.
The first is at the heart of the engine: the cylinders. Toyota's MMC cylinder plating process is simply not suited for high performance use. The MMC liner plating dissipates heat well, but is fairly soft, easily damaged and impossible to repair. It is also incompatible with commonly available performance pistons such as Wiseco, JE, CP, Arias, Ross, etc. This lack of piston availability has led many high-performance users to run with the stock hypereutectic aluminum pistons or replace the liner with steel sleeves.
The second key problem is the stock piston. They have a high concentration of silicon, which makes them brittle and prone to cracking under the stress of high-performance use and/or forced induction… hence, the “Glass Engine" reputation.
Our solution was to bring the well-known, tried and true, Nikasil cylinder plating to the 2ZZ-GE. We're the first and only company in the world to bring this high-end, race proven, plating to the 2ZZ.
Nikasil in the 2ZZ-GE:
• Is Compatible with nearly all performance pistons
• Is porous, which allows oil to remain suspended in the cylinder for better ring lubrication
• Retains superior heat dissipation similar to stock MMC
• Is harder and more robust than BOTH iron Darton sleeves and the original MMC plating
• Has a lower coefficient of friction than BOTH iron and MMC - meaning more horsepower and more time between rebuilds
• Cannot shift in the block like sleeves can (and often do)
• Does not weaken the block like iron sleeves do
• It can be repaired, unlike MMC. Gone, are the days of buying new blocks from Toyota!
This is the best block you can purchase for any vehicle running the 2ZZ-GE engine.
We stock Arias Pistons. Inquire for details.